Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tanks, Tees, & Turtles

Doing laundry in some place with year-round temperate weather must be so boring, watching the same light-weight, short-sleeved shirts, etc., come out of the wash.  My washing is as good an indicator of the seasons as watching the trees change color or go bare.  It's kind of fun as the seasons change and the shirts overlap in the same load for a little variety.  Yesterday I folded nothing but tank tops.  Just a few loads ago it was tee-shirts, and before that it was turtlenecks.  To be honest, since I've worn the same type of clothing (bibbies and shirts) for twenty years now, I can't remember what it was like to wash skirts or dresses and the like.  At least nothing in my wardrobe needs ironing.

I find myself at that age and stage in life that the weatherman says is "sensitive to poor air quality."  Even though it was only(!) in the low 90s yesterday, there was so much smoke that I was gasping after the slightest exertion, so only piddly chores in the house got done, and those in slow stages.  This photo was taken at the same time and in the same place as some of those spectacular sunsets I've posted.  If I didn't know it was there, I'd think there wasn't a sun going down out there.  The weatherman has predicted delta breezes and relief for the valley today, but unfortunately also said that the wind will not make it this far and that it will simply push the smoke up here to the foothills.  Aarrgh.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Today the weatherman added SMOKEY to report that has just before said haze.... Will we see a blue sky at all?

People sensitive to bad air should stay inside. Who will do the chores then?