Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cool!

"In The Cool, Cool, Cool Of The Evening," Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, 1951.

I can't remember the last time I slept in until 6 a.m. and it was a bit startling to open my eyes to first light outside today.  It was undoubtedly because, for the first time in what seems like forever, it actually cooled off last night.  I don't think I turned over in bed even once.

The heat has been wicked and we're still plagued with smoke, but last night gives one hope.  Given that it was the boys helping and not Beau with one of his tractors, Inga didn't get hauled too far from the barn.  Let's just say that yesterday she was getting pretty pungent.  The cleanup committee was gathering (about 30 up in the tree), but had not yet gone to work.  I see latecomers flying in this morning, ready to clock in.

Yesterday was a one full spray-bottle day and not much if anything got done.  I don't even try to make excuses anymore.  I sit, period.

It seems like only a little over a week ago that I worked on the house before the guys came up.  While doing nothing yesterday, I noticed that the living room needs dusting again.  What's up with that?  When a thing is done, it should stay done!  Sigh.


1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I AGREE!! Clean ONCE, weed ONCE...and stay clean and weeded and dusted...PERIOD!