Friday, August 24, 2018

Foiled

Bwahaha!  If I were the villain in an old-time melodrama, I would be twirling the ends of my big moustache and cackling with glee, saying, "Foiled again, m'dears!"

The rats moved out after the Dynamic Duo cleaned the first shed and I was not, repeat not!, sorry to see them go.  However, once the bullies had gone, the mice moved back in.  I've always had a pretty good relationship with mice, but this bunch overstepped the bounds.  The birdseed is kept in that shed.  It was not a surprise that sharp little teeth chewed a hole in the lid of the seed barrel nor to find some of the kids in there, too full from breakfast to make their way out again.  I'm used to reasonable sharing.  I wasn't too pleased when the critters chewed an even bigger hole for easier access in the rim of the barrel, but yesterday I found they'd gone too far and had made an opening at the bottom.  If they were going to freeload, the least they could do was expend a little energy.  Now they could just lie on the floor and let the birdseed come to them.  Too much, I say!  Enough!

There was a metal trash can in the feed barn that had been used for chicken scratch (when I had chickens).  Dave had delivered the leftover scratch to Camille and I thought he'd left the can with her, but later found he'd brought it back.  Perfect!  I transferred the remaining seed (there wasn't much left) and a new bag to the metal can I moved to the shed.  Take that, you tiny rodents!  Bwahaha!

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Dudley Doright? I know he's not a villain, but maybe it will do. Goes along with Ms. Dr. Dolittle!