Friday, August 10, 2018

Up And Moving

Both Inga and I are on our feet, albeit moving slowly.  I'm always so glad when I count noses in the pen and can locate three.  Not much got done yesterday.  Okay, to be honest, other than feeding the animals, nothing got done.  That cannot be the case today because the guys are coming up tomorrow.  I know they're not coming to look at the house, but I still have a modicum of pride.  I will be so glad to see them and grateful for their help, but I do worry that they plan to work outdoors in this heat and smoke.  I don't want them falling over in a froth, but there doesn't appear to be any relief in sight.

The tom turkeys were waiting for their breakfast yesterday.  This same bunch shows up nearly every morning and they're becoming tamer.  They used to run a short distance away when I'd come out and only come to the grain when I'd start back up the path.  Now they cluster at the feeding station and I darn near have to throw the seed on their heads.  I haven't seen the mama turkey with her babies in quite some time and can only hope they survived.

Ralph tends to be an independent boy and goes his own way, but Celeste is a clingy cat and sometimes drives me bonkers.  Between the heat and pain, the last thing I wanted yesterday was a hot, heavy cat on my lap, but she does not accept the word no.  Boink!  She'd pop up like a cork on water time after time.  It was just easier to accept the situation than try to displace her, so we spent a good part of the day together.  Good old Bessie Anne just kept moving from one spot in the room to another, trying to find somewhere cool.  Good luck with that.

Onward and upward.  I'd better get moving.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you were both up and moving!! TURN OFF THE HEAT on your end and maybe it will get cooler here!