Saturday, August 17, 2019

Back To Back

Boy, today was the wrong day to sleep in.  Here it is, 6 o'clock a.m. and I'm already behind.  The Kids are coming up early to beat the heat and Candy will be here about 11.  The good thing about back-to-back company is that the dusting I did yesterday for Arden's visit hasn't yet lost its luster, so I can scratch that off the To-Do List today.  Arden, at my invitation, has started bringing a load of laundry over on Fridays.  It saves her a trip into town to the laundromat, and it's washed, dried, and folded while we talk and watch TV.

When we lived down in the valley, I always had back-to-back company on the weekends.  I was working two jobs, and it simplified my life.  Steve thrived on having guests, so it made him a happy camper.  After we moved to the hills, people would come up and spend three or four days.  By that time I was working at home.  I could get the transcription done before everyone else got up, so I had time to enjoy our company as well.  I was certainly more disciplined in those days.  Now I run around like Chicken Little, yelling that "the sky is falling!"

Unless I want to get caught with my bibbies down, I've got to walk Michael, feed the critters, and swish a sponge around in the kitchen.  Today I'm channeling the White Rabbit, "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date."  Gotta go....

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Hope it all went well and you got swished and clipped and companied! I, too, find that my organizational skills and motivation take a back seat to lots of lollygagging!