Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Cranky

Grumpy, cranky, just plain not happy...that's me after days of what I consider excessive heat.  I know, I know it could be worse and I'm grateful I'm not wherever that is, but that doesn't stop me from whining.  That's about the only thing I do when it's 95 outside and not too far from it inside.  I want to slap the weather man when he says to crank up the air conditioning, but that would take too much effort.  I think about what needs to be done, and that's as far as it gets.  I feel so bad for the animals, especially Michael with his heavy fur coat.  We all, inside and outside, spend a lot of time sleeping to get through the worst of it.  The sky at sundown looked like a blast furnace.

(Got a text from Clay, who is back to driving truck.  He was up in Redding:  105 degrees at 7 p.m. last night.  Aarrgh.  Yup, it could be worse.)

Between naps, I watched TCM movies.  Dodsworth, 1939, Walter Huston, Ruth Chatterton, Mary Astor, and The Great Lie, 1941, Bette Davis, Mary Astor, George Brent.  I've seen both films so many times I could quote the dialog, but a good movie is a good movie.  Hattie McDaniel had a part in The Great Lie, and was the first African American to win an Oscar in 1940 for her supporting role in Gone With The Wind.

I'm not sure the weather man isn't just dangling hope, but he said today should be the last day of heat before a "slight" cool down.  I'll take it.


2 comments:

Emmy said...

Yes, I too am counting on weather man
Fall is coming ..later this week....
I can’t wait, either.

Kathryn Williams said...

Ugh...I would melt. Have you filled the deck pool for Michael?