Thursday, August 29, 2019

Sleepytime Pals

It was early enough in the day that Ralph called dibs on the one little patch of sunlight.  Usually it's Celeste who claims this spot.  I got such a kick out of his pose of surrender, or maybe he's keeping the sun out of his eyes.

My house is littered with sleeping cats.  Later, in the heat of the day, Celeste stretched out in a shady spot, hoping to catch an errant breeze.

I didn't get a photo of Michael.  He goes in the corner behind Stove on a hot day.  I think the walls catch the air from the ceiling fan, and the hearth stones are cool.

I couldn't take a selfie of me sleeping, so take my word that I got lots of shuteye yesterday, too.

Long naps have no effect on bedtime.  It cooled off enough last night that I didn't need the fan on in the bedroom, and it was grand not to wake up again and again, sweating like a horse.  I overslept.

I think there's real hope that today will be at least a few degrees cooler.  One can hope.

No comments: