Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hunting Season

I made the first call of the day at 8:58 a.m.  I got a recording that said the office opened at 9.  I made the second call (same office) at 9:02 and a real live person answered.  You know she had to be sitting right there at 8:58, but I guess "rules is rules."  "Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you before the end of the day."  I called back at 4:55, to be told (name withheld) was busy.  Sigh.  The nice lady at USAA had said the same thing.  She hasn't.  Beau called and said he'd contact his insurance broker for me.  I got a text from that guy after 6 p.m. and, even knowing that office would be closed, I called and left a message.  I used to hunt deer with Steve's family and this isn't much different, a lot of waiting, hoping for some action.

Taking Michael for a walk at dusk has a real advantage, and it's not just the exercise.  The sky is a virtual freeway as birds of all sizes are heading home.   Hawks are going on one last hunt, hoping for a take-out dinner.  Bats flit in and out of traffic in the red glow of the setting sun.  Were it not for Michael I'd miss all that.  Good boy, Michael.

He and I are going to town this afternoon.  I called ahead and got permission to bring Michael along to a doctor's appointment, so we'll make other stops as long as we're in the area.  It will throw me off my two-week schedule, but save me another trip next week.

Fingers crossed for call-backs today.  Hunting for insurance is wearing.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Fingers crossed for sure!!