Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Big Changes

Nature pulled one of her fast switcheroos yesterday, from the 90s to the low 50s with strong winds and a big dump of rain.  Michael and I had gone for our morning walk while it was just misting before the storm hit.  One good thing, Truck got a good washing; he needed that badly.  I went around the house shutting doors, and seriously considered calling Stove into service, but resisted, settling for a heavy jacket and a couple of lap cats.  Come on, it's only September.

The sun had come out by the time I had to head down the hill for a doctor's appointment, for which I was grateful.  That can be a nasty drive in the rain.  Michael was so disappointed that he couldn't go along this time.  He really likes to "load up!" in the truck.  Tank top on Saturday, long-sleeve tee-shirt on Monday, aarrgh.  The appointment well, so well that I can stop one of my medications.  For a person who took maybe two aspirins a year to go to 4-6 pills day was a big change.

My newest grandson arrived yesterday.  My son had rejected the name Elmer (no ET phone home), and named this little guy Ozzy Jack.  Ozzy came a month early and weighed in at just over three pounds.  He seems to be doing well, as does his mama.  Big changes in their lives.

The sun is coming out this morning.  Let's see what today brings.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Congrats on Ozzy Jack...I almost put his first 2 initials but I'm not going there :-) I just painted outside and might need a second shower. You know Southern California - September is one of our hottest!!!