Saturday, September 7, 2019

Highlights

Taking Michael for his walks are high points in my day.  We stop several times, even when he's not piddling, just to look around at the hills.  Michael doesn't ever pull on the leash, and he adjusts his pace to mine.  His ears perk up when he sees vultures on the ground, knowing now that they will fly off when we get close.  I guess that's a highlight for him.  He doesn't give the turkeys a second glance, not even when there's a traffic jam as they cross in numbers in front of us on the drive like they did yesterday.  They don't fly, so what fun are they?  I don't know how we'll adjust when winter comes.  I don't think either of us will be up for a lengthy walk in the rain.

Michael doesn't shed hair in the traditional sense.  He fluffs.  I find little black fluffs of fur here, there, and everywhere.  I don't know enough about his breed(s) to know if this is typical, or perhaps his fancy haircut has something to do with it.  It does make him easy to clean up after.

Arden's Friday visits are a weekly pleasure.  We share a snack of some kind, taking turns to provide the victuals.  She does a load of laundry; it saves her a trip into town.  (I was glad I had water yesterday!)  We watch a news show or two.  That broadens our horizons and provides topics for conversation.

After seeing where Dorian is heading, I called my niece in New Hampshire to make sure she had her hatches battened.  She said they're only expecting rain.  My gosh, the Bahamas look like a war zone, a repeat of Puerto Rico, and the flooding along the southeast coast is devastating.

It being Saturday, I anticipate a call from my daughter, always a highlight of my week.  Later today I need to go get chicken scratch.  Going to the Cookie Store is a treat for Michael.  He's easy to please.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like he might be "hypoallergenic" if he has hair rather than fur???