Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Early Start

Six-fifteen and Michael and I have already had an adventure, unplanned though it was.  For irrelevant reasons, we did not get the trash down to the big road last evening.  I fell asleep in the chair last night and didn't wake up until 5:30 this morning, which meant I didn't have to waste time getting dressed.  Our Trash Guy is always very punctual, coming to the vineyard next door at 6:05 so I knew I had time to beat him to the trash barrels on the big road.  Yeah, well.  I threw my bags in back and loaded up Michael in the front seat of Truck and we took off, only to see Trash Guy pull away as we got to the intersection.  Aarrgh.  To make it worse, a school bus had stopped to pick up a couple of kids just then.  Double aarrgh.  Okay, when the road was clear, Michael and I took off to go find Trash Guy.  He must have turned off on the only side road in the vicinity because he sure wasn't ahead of me.  I did the unthinkable.  There were a couple of somebody's unemptied barrels right there at the side and I stopped and stuffed my trash in them.  It's probably illegal, but what's a person to do?  Michael and I hotfooted it home in the dark.  So far, no one has come beating on the door so we might have gotten away with it.  Whew.

It's just light enough now to see that the sky is overcast and it looks like rain again.  If so, it would be welcome.

I don't know what the rest of the day will bring.  Michael and I have had enough excitement this morning to last a while.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

LOL. I have done a little trash manipulation myself. I bet if you had some unused space in your bin, you might not mind helping out a neighbor in distress. I do believe "it's all good!"