Sunday, September 1, 2019

Lucky Dog

NASCAR Lucky Dog rule:  the first driver who is one lap down when a caution flag comes out gets a lap back.

Farview Lucky Dog rule:  Michael.

With rising temperatures, a trip to town in the truck with A/C wasn't as onerous as usual, and it wasn't as if I had a choice.  I put Michael's official girdle on him and off we went.  I've had to make so many trips lately that our first stop was to get gas at the Cookie Store.  The nice lady said hi to me, and then, "Oh, hello, sweetie.  How are you today?  Wait right there, cutie," and without my asking, brought a handful of little milk bones out and gave one to Michael.  "Oh, he's so polite and gentle!  My dog would have taken my hand off."  She almost forgot to have me pay for the gas while she gushed on about Michael.  She indicated I was to take the rest of the treats.  Remind me to empty my pockets on laundry day.

Off we went to Wally World.  There are four, maybe five stop lights to get there, and with Michael riding shotgun, every one of them was green.  He's lucky for me, too.  We found an empty parking spot close to the front door right away and, oh joy!, a plot of plants he hadn't piddled on, and he took full advantage.

Mission accomplished, we headed home and again didn't hit a single red light.  I had one more stop at the little convenience store.  This time it was the nice man, "Well, hello there, pretty one!  How are you today?"  He wasn't talking to me.  "Would it be okay if I gave him a treat?"  This time, he was, and he immediately opened a jar of milk bones.  "Oh, he's so polite!"  (Michael knows how to work a crowd.)  I attended to my business, and then, "Here's another treat for the road, buddy."

Yup, Michael is a Lucky Dog.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wow, both of you are lucky - you because you got Michael, and he because he got you!