Saturday, September 21, 2019

Changing Times

We won't actually change our clocks until November 3 this year, but times are changing just the same in that the hours of daylight are getting shorter.  Sunup doesn't come until after 7 a.m. now, and Michael and I have to go out in the evening by 7 p.m. lest we (I) go stumbling about in the shadows.  I certainly don't live life by any set schedule, but this stuff throws me off anyhow.

There are those who could rightfully say I don't know which end is up and I couldn't argue.  I know I am used to things happening on a particular day and that helps me stay with the program.  It was bad enough that I missed Take-the-trash-down-Tuesday.  I was getting ready for Arden-Friday yesterday when she called and said she couldn't make it.  Now I'm adrift in the week.  It's probably just as well Arden didn't come.  I'd forgotten to charge the cordless vacuum cleaner.  By the time its little blue lights were glowing, I'd lost incentive.

In a new effort to show the house kids who's top dog here, I pushed Michael out of the way on the bed last night and didn't give the cats a chance to settle down until I was darn good and ready.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I DO wish you luck, and think you should at LEAST be Queen of the Bed Real Estate!!