Thursday, September 5, 2019

One Of Those

We all have them...those days when nothing seems to go right.  I had one yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I'm heading into another one today.  Yesterday it was the television.  For lack of the technical terms, I was trying to watch a movie and it kept having hiccups.  I called the provider.  The nice young man spent a long time trying to track the problem, having me go back and forth between the receiver and the modem, turning this and that off and on, and doing who knows what on his end.  He ended up saying I needed to contact the internet service.  I did.  They also did lengthy system checks and they said there was no problem, it had to be the TV something or other and to call them (again) and ask about this and that (again).  I did.  Nope, not their problem, it had to be the modem.  It seems I'm the only one with a problem.  All this back and forthing took literally all afternoon, and nothing else got done, and I never got to watch the movie, either.  Aarrgh!

The last day or so I've noticed something funny when I turned on a water faucet, a little hesitation before the water flowed, but didn't think too much about it.  This morning, the same thing happened when I was going to make the coffee, but then I went to fill the dog's water dish...and there was only a trickle.  Oh crum, looks like I'm going to have another one of those days.