Saturday, September 28, 2019

Whoosh!

Whoosh!  The temperature was on a slip-and-slide yesterday and took a good 20-degree drop (felt good).  The fog did burn off, but I decided I could find what I needed locally (now that's a relative term) and didn't need to go to town.  Michael has Nice Lady at Mt. Aukum totally enamored.  "Oh, hello, sweetheart!"  She's not talking to me.  Nice Lady will leave customers waiting while she rushes to get a handful of little dog biscuits.  "Watch this dog take a treat!  You have to see this."  Michael takes her offering with the manners of an aristocrat.  She gives me the rest to put in my pocket for later.  I guess that's where "doggy bag" came from.

Michael and I had words at our next stop.  He was fine in the little store, but when we came out and I told him to "load up," he said, "No."  "What?  Michael, get in the truck."  "No."  "Michael, I don't have time for this.  Load up!"  "No."  He was showing me the same stubborn streak he displays when he heads off down the drive.  He had not been to this store before and he wasn't leaving until he could inspect the area.  He didn't even have to piddle.  Fine.  We did a quick walkabout.  I should probably not have capitulated, but I had to get home.

Whoosh!  That was me, racing around the house, up and down the hall, and getting things done, major stuff, that should have been done before.  Afterward, I gave myself the same pep talk I've given a hundred times before, "Now if you just keep it this way, it will take a quarter of the work and no time at all."  Yeah, well.  At least I didn't have to apologize when Arden came.

What is it with the owls?  One came hooting after dark last night, and there were two competing out there this morning before daylight.  I wish they'd hang around after sunup and the squirrels come out.  They'd have a banquet.

Either I missed the migration or the vultures have chosen another meeting place.  I still have the maintenance crew, but most of the big guys have left the area.

I'd like to think that the results of yesterday's effort would inspire more housework today.  Dream on.  I'm whooshed out.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I like the Facebook meme...I cleaned the house yesterday...you should have come then (or some such!!)