Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Odds And Ends

Casting about for a topic of the day (and some days are harder than others), my focus fell on these two.  With as many pigs as I have here, and hundreds would not be an exaggeration, there are bound to be favorites.  Dave must spend considerable time and energy, not to speak of money, in his search for a new and different pig.  It's a rare year that he does not present me with at least one porcine offering.  The little guy is cute and fairly accurate, but the big one is a particular favorite of mine.  He makes me think of a laughing Buddha.  I don't even mind dusting him.

Doors are open again and the ceiling fan has been called back into service.  I've switched to tee-shirts and am thinking about tank tops.  There were definitely more leaves on the ground as we took our walks yesterday.  As Bob Dylan would say, "The Times They Are a-Changin" (1964).

Helper Dude came and gave Michael a pedicure last evening.  I could hear him clicking in the kitchen and didn't want to wait too long, as I sometimes had with Bess.  Bessie had hated to have her nails trimmed.  This being my first time with Michael, I wasn't sure how it would go.  I needn't have worried.  Michael was, as Michael always is, perfect.  It was a good end to the day.

No comments: