Friday, September 6, 2019

Reprieve

It was like having a toothache, going to the dentist, and before you get there the pain stops and you don't know why you're there.  I know what I saw with the water, or lack thereof.  Even the toilet didn't refill when flushed.  I put in a call to Go-To Guy and, bless him, he made me the first stop of the day.  He turned on the faucet by the chicken pen and, wouldn't you know, it gushed like a fire hydrant.  He looked at me, I looked at him, and all I could do was shrug.  GT and his son Tucker checked everywhere there might have been a leak, even going down to the well.  Tucker took some gizzywich out of the pressure tank and cleaned it.  I wondered if it was a problem just in the kitchen, so GT came in and checked that.  All systems were go.  What the *%/$**!!  It certainly wasn't that I wanted there to be a problem, it was that I hated to think I'd called Go-To out for no reason.  I've known GT since we moved here, and he was patient and kind as always, and didn't make me feel any more embarrassed than I was.  He didn't have an explanation for the aberrant situation.  Maybe the house, like John NSD, responds better to a man and just the threat was enough this time.  What do I know?  Later in the day I even did a load of laundry.

Another positive thing yesterday was that it wasn't nearly as hot as it has been.

Feeling like I'd dodged a bullet, I can honestly say it was a good day.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

And tomorrow only in the 80’s.
I think we have passed the worst of summer,.
Now to keep avoiding FIRES

Kathryn Williams said...

Hey, I'm SURE your system hiccuped...but glad it turned out ok. It's that way with cars sometimes - never makes "the sound" when you take it in. Glad it was a good day!