Saturday, September 14, 2019

Mixed Up

My friend Tinka called yesterday with a skunk report (another story for another day) and mentioned she'd seen Michael's latest picture.  "You know, I think he looks like a Sheltie (Shetland sheepdog)."  I knew he was a mix, but had no idea what the mix included.  With the world at my fingertips, I looked up the two dog breeds and found there is even a name for Michael and his kin...Shel Aussies.  The photos shown and the information given fit Michael to a T.  Tinka was right, it was his longer nose that gave him away.  Given Michael's size, the Aussie side is more dominant, but his coloring is right for both breeds.  Touted as highly intelligent, it's no wonder Michael took so well to training as a support dog.  Camille is worried he isn't getting enough exercise with me, as Aussies are athletic dogs.  I will never be able to run with him so he'll have to make do with our daily walks and his "free time" outside while I'm feeding the critters.  If he had any interest in playing, we could play fetch or some such game.  He doesn't, so we don't.  The best I can do is let him win the race to the house...every day.

It was Arden Friday and as she was leaving, Beau drove up.  It was a nice mix of company.

It was a good day.

No comments: