Sunday, July 26, 2020

Back In The Saddle

Once a habit is broken, be it an exercise routine, a diet, a morning blog, it's hard to get back into the swing of it.  I think Newton's first law pertains, the one that says a thing at rest tends to remain at rest  unless compelled by outside forces.  After a week off, it's hard to get my brain kicked into action again.  That, and the fact that the summer is here and that takes its own toll.

Be that as it may, it is so good to have the computer back again.  There's just one thing.  There seems to be one leftover wire, the one that provides audio, that didn't get plugged in and I'll be darned if I can find where it goes.  Makes it interesting going through FB.  It doesn't help that the computer is in a small, cramped space and it takes the talents of a contortionist to see what I'm doing.

I think Ralph regrets his grand adventure.  He has kept a very low profile since his outing the other night.  He may be able to torment his sister in the house, but Missy is 'top dog' outside.  I'm just so glad she didn't run him off the property.

It is very difficult to keep from becoming a 'helicopter mom,' hovering over your Kids no matter how old they are.  There's the coronavirus to worry about because they're all out among 'em down in the valley, and now there's the hurricane headed toward Hawaii where my youngest son lives.  Actually, Larry is the second youngest, my son-from-another-mother takes that title.  I might send a text now and then, but try not to call.

Ah well, things to do, places to go (darn it!).  I've got to get back in the saddle again.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: