Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Day Tripper

("Day Tripper," the Beatles, 1965)

Michael, my green-light good luck charm, was with me in spirit yesterday, if not in body.  I zipped through almost every stop light, and traffic was so light on the roads it was almost unreal.  There was one incident on the freeway.  I was behind a huge truck that kept going slower and slower.  Hwy. 50 is very hilly and I wondered if he was having engine problems or an extra-heavy load.  Then he pulled over into the fast lane to pass and I found the reason.  Some kid on a small motorcycle was going 35 mph and weaving.  Learner?  Drunk?  I had given myself time so I stayed behind him, fearing that someone would blow him off the road unprotected.  I had to leave him on his own when I got to Cameron Park, but I hoped he made it to his destination, if he even knew where he was going.

The radiology center ran like a well-oiled machine.  From check in to walk out was less than half an hour, including the mammogram.  That left time for a couple of my standard stops in town.  I considered stopping for lunch, but coming home smelling of shrimp tempura or KFC would have been too unkind to Michael.

I'm concerned about Sheila.  She didn't show up for breakfast with Tessie.  I can't remember how old she is, but she isn't young.  I didn't have time to look for her in the morning and was too tired when I got home.  Fingers crossed for today.

As far as a day trip goes, this one wasn't too bad.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: