Thursday, July 2, 2020

My View

This is frequently the view from my chair.  In case the photo needs interpreting, that grey hairy lump in the foreground is Celeste.  I didn't move quickly enough before she leapt up (without asking, I might add), so all fifteen pounds of her landed across my arm, effectively rendering it useless, or at least immobile.  As I've said, cats have no sense of nor respect for personal space.  Obviously, I was in the process of using the remote to do something or other, thus the disembodied hand.  Anyone who lives with cats will tell you that once a cat has settled wherever they please, a big Do Not Disturb sign goes up that we all obey.  Fortunately, I had one hand temporarily free to tend to my wants, like picking up the now ever-present glass of water.  Like Gammy's bed ("The Egg And I"),  the table by my chair holds a conglomeration of small items within reach.

What was I watching, you ask.  Another Canadian cop show.  I'm a big fan of Canadian and Australian productions.

The afternoon heat was enough for the ceiling fan and spray bottle (by my chair) to come into play again.  My own Do Not Disturb sign went up and I took a nap.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: