Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Fringe Benefits

Look on the bright side, if you have to do something you really don't want to, find something, anything, that will make it easier.  ('Mitigate' is probably the most used word in the news lately.)  In my case, yesterday was pay-the-bills day.  It was another hot one and I really wasn't looking forward to sitting at the computer to get the job done.  I'd been planting my butt in front of the TV all weekend and it seemed easier to just not move.  Dragging my feet down the hall to the south, hottest, room in the house, it was time to get 'er done, either that or go to Debtor's Prison.  Air-conditioner is not a word in my vocabulary, and I'd forgotten about the little A/C window unit in the bedroom.  Duh.  It turned out to be a fringe benefit, not only for the job at hand, but knowing there was a cooler sanctuary I could return to, I actually got some necessary, long-neglected chores done.  The news has been so depressing, it was a nice break from that, too.

A/C in the truck will help today when I have to go for a mammogram in Cameron Park.  My buddy Michael can't go with me and I hate to leave home without him.  He has become my constant companion and I'm rarely out of his sight.  Knowing he'll be waiting will make coming home even better.  He's more than a fringe benefit.

Things to do, places to go.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: