Thursday, July 30, 2020

For A Change

I need to change my ways.  It certainly isn't the first time that summer arrived before I was ready, but I haven't yet adapted to the new reality.  As has been noted, I am a creature of habit.  While I am not a clock watcher, I do certain things in a certain way, routine being a security blanket of sorts.  Yeah, well, that being said, I need to shorten my morning time at the computer.  It works fine for winter, but now it drops me into the heat that drains me of incentive.  Sitting in the chair all day, constantly dousing with the spray bottle, isn't cutting it.  Michael and I need to get out and moving much earlier (she said with more hope than conviction).

I am being plagued by robocalls.  In less than a week I've received more than twenty, ten in one day from "Apple, Inc."  My phone identifies the caller and if I don't recognize the name or number, I don't pick up, but they're still irritating.  Michael either does or doesn't like them...he sings along with the ring tone each and every time, so I get the double whammy.

Insects change with the seasons just like the birds.  We are now in the time of the tiny sugar ants in the kitchen.  Where do they come from?  Where do they go?  I am constantly wiping out steady streams, and still they come.  And then one day, poof!, and they'll be gone.

It's still cool, the sun barely up.  If I'm going to take my own advice, I'd best get moving.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: