Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Give 'Em The Brush Off

Welcome to the House of Fluff.  If the animals are any indication, it's going to be one hot summer.  They are shedding like nobody's business.  Except for his neck ruff, Michael has lost most of his long, soft winter fur and is down to the coarser base coat.  And still there are puffs of fluff throughout the house.  It's not just Michael.  Pet Ralph or Celeste and get a cloud of cat hair floating up your nose.  In an attempt to control...no, not control...contain is a better term for the situation, I keep a slicker brush next to my chair and any critter within reach gets a going over.  Fortunately, this is a procedure they all like.  "A little more to the left, Mom.  Ahh, that's it!"  Michael particularly likes the butt scrubs, but inevitably rolls over for a belly rub.  Slicker brush or hand, makes him no nevermind, we finish up on his tummy.  This goes on time after time throughout the day.  The "guard" who checks your receipt at Walmart told me he'd had a Sheltie.  "You can brush them 24/7 and it never ends."  I continue to be amazed at Michael's "star of the show" qualities.  I'm just along to hold the leash as he gets compliments left and right wherever we go.

Yes, we did get down to town yesterday for lab work and to pick up my whole seven-day "emergency" prescription.  That will mean another trip whenever Doctor decides what I'll need next.  Gahh!

I appreciate the calls and texts inquiring about my health.  Normal being a relative term, I'm there again.  Migosh, I even have ankles again.  How is it that dehydration can cause ankles, feet, and hands to balloon to the point they could be in a Macy's parade?

If you need me, I'll be giving one or another of the insiders a brush off.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: