Monday, July 6, 2020

Off To The Races

Saturdays are for cooking shows, Sundays are for racing.  My biggest problem is knowing when it is the weekend...days tend to blur one into the other now.  All of the horse races were at Belmont Park, New York, yesterday instead of skipping around the country.  The commentators keep between-race gaps interesting by critiquing the horses, such magnificent animals, and explaining why they favor one over the others.  Even the advertising features horses, either for sale or for stud.  I will be bereft when the season ends.

NASCAR at Indianapolis Raceway was somewhat delayed by rain, so I watched most of that after Belmont.  NASCAR has made so many changes to the rules that I have somewhat lost interest, sometime skipping a race altogether.  I keep track of Clint Bowyer's standing, and was very sorry to hear that Jimmie Johnson and his wife have contracted Covid-19.  I'm about ready for football season, if any of the teams will be playing.  It's a different world now.

I can't say that Michael and I race around the driveway on our walks.  I'm grateful that he is willing to go at my slow pace.  Sometimes I worry that he might not be getting enough exercise, but then think of the dogs who live in apartments all their lives and also go for regular outings and seem to do well.  Were it not for his penchant for going walkabout up the road, I would love to let him roam and sniff on the property on his own.  I've tried to explain this to him, but all I get is, "Lalala, I can't hear you," in response.  For such an intelligent dog, he is stubborn on this one point.

Well, if yesterday was Sunday, it's a good bet that today is Monday.  So far, so good.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: