Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Countdown

As our late friend Dan would say before we were all to go camping, "Two more days and a wake-up!"  Thanksgiving is just around the corner and, as usual, I'm not ready.  Like a deer in the headlights, I look at the To Do list and get stunned into immobility.  I'm old enough to know there's no magic wand I can wave and make it happen, drat it, and still....  With everything there is to accomplish in the house, there are other priorities, too.  Literally scraping the bottom of the barrel and with rain due tomorrow, I had to go to the feed store for chicken scratch.  They can't eat excuses.  The new owners have taken over at Mt. Aukum.  It was very strange; I've been dealing there with Dave for over twenty years.  The new gentleman was very pleasant, but completely unknowledgeable about livestock feed.  I was able to show him on his lists what it was I needed and we got the deed done.  Patrick hoisted the fifty-pound sack of scratch to his shoulder like it was a bag of potato chips.  It was not the same with me when I got it home.  Even with the help of the wagon, the effort of getting it inside wiped me out.

So much for housework.  Like Scarlett O'Hara, I live by the motto, "Tomorrow is another day."  The problem now is, tomorrow has become today.