Thursday, November 15, 2018

Not The Only One

It wasn't just me who appreciated Stove a couple of nights ago.  Celeste staked out her favorite cold-weather spot in front of the hearth.  "What took you so long, Mom?"  The house critters are very democratic.  When they've toasted both sides, they move away and let another take the warm place.

Yesterday was a keep-your-jacket-on day, but not cold enough to call Stove to duty.  I will say, however, that in the evening two cats on the lap were better than one.  What's a little crowding among friends?

For the last week I've been engaged in battle with another unknown Thing.  It's probably a ground squirrel, but the size of the crater it makes in the little chicken pen is big enough for a badger.  I fill it in every morning, and every night the hole is there again.  I'm going to have to pull out the big guns.  The only effective way I've found to permanently plug a tunnel is (don't judge me) to empty the cats' litter box in the opening and cover it with dirt.

Tessie gets better every day.  Yesterday she actually ran up the hill, and by bedtime she had no hint of a limp.  Whew!  Both goats' tails have stopped whirling.  The period in heat never lasts long.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like all is well on Farview Farm...at least when the squirrel hole gets filled permanently!!! Good luck with that.