Wednesday, November 14, 2018

'Tis The Season

It's not just the deer that have mating on the mind.  Both goats came into season at the same time and their tails are whirring so fast I really expect to see their hind ends lift up and hover.  I'm happy to report that whatever was wrong with Tessie's foot seems to have healed or, as I suspect, what was probably a rock was dislodged.  If she had let me, I could have helped her days ago.  Silly girl.

My shirts are a pretty good indicator of the changing weather.  I've gone from tank tops to tee-shirts and now I'm in long sleeves.  Yesterday I put on gloves to go down to the barn.  I know it's still in the 40s, but the house was colder inside than outdoors.  Sitting outside on the deck didn't help much as the sunshine was weak, trying to get through the smoke from the valley.  Coming back in and shivering, I thought to myself, "Self, this is ridiculous.  The Kids split all that wood for just this reason," and I lit up Stove for the first time this season.  Good old Stove.  He fired up right away and the house was warm in no time.  I didn't want to get caught making another midnight trash run again, so Bess and I went down to the big road in the afternoon.  Omigosh, coming back to a warm house was pure bliss.

I've really got to keep a closer eye on the calendar.  Thanksgiving is coming faster than a freight train and I'm not ready (but I'll be vacuumed!).  The menu never changes, so making a shopping list is a breeze, but it does require that I go shopping.  Aarrgh.  And then will come Christmas....

Yup, the holiday season is upon us.

No comments: