Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Her Brother's Keeper

"Oh, he's done it again."  Celeste must get so irritated with Ralph.  Ralph is very good about using the litter box, but somewhat lax when it comes to the after business.  Instead of hiding his contribution with litter, he'll give a few token scratches outside the box, call it good, and wander off.  Celeste comes along afterward and I can almost hear her harrumph of disgust before she covers her brother's mess herself.  I've considered getting his and hers litter boxes, but there's no guarantee Ralph would confine himself to one.

I doubt Missy has put in a change-of address card, but she was there for both meals again yesterday.  After feeding well for just a couple of days, her ribs aren't nearly so visible.  For a cat, she shows her gratitude well by rubbing up and purring before diving into her dish.  She may take off again one of these days, but I'm awfully glad she showed up again.

I pared down my list so that I could confine my shopping to the east end of town.  Getting to the west side at this time of year takes for-ev-er due to traffic from the many Apple Hill visitors.  There is a section of Hwy50 that runs past old Placerville and it is a bottleneck at the best of times and terrible during apple season...and ski season.

Once the time changes, I have to get to town earlier because I have to get home before the earlier sundown to put the kids to bed.  I did wish on the way home that there were places to pull over on Cedar Ravine so I could take a picture of the light shining on all the colors of the trees:  reds, gold, and different shades of green.  There are pullouts on Bucks Bar, but the trees along there are mostly pine, and they stay green in the fall.

Today is Election Day, and it is up to the voters to be America's keeper.  I have never been as emotionally vested in an election ever before.  Voting is a privilege and a duty, and I hope the nation's electorate takes it seriously.  Count me in.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I would have loved to have seen pictures of the leaves. The first year I lived in Ohio, the trees were more vibrant than I have ever, ever seen. But in reality, I had never seen a lot, as I had always lived in Southern California before that, and most of that had been very coastal. I was told that they dye was cast, in terms of the fall colors, back in the spring, and had to do with temperature and probably water.