Saturday, January 9, 2021

Cravings

For the past few months, there is nothing I've wanted as much as orange juice.  Rarely have I come home from the store without a big jug of the stuff.  Morning, noon, and/or night, I chug down big glasses of juice.  Ahhh.  I'd have thought it was a summertime drink, but I'd have been wrong.

There's this thing about fresh vegetables...they don't stay fresh all that long.  After stocking up on an infrequent trip to the market, I almost overdose on veggies.  It's taken me three days, but the crisp Chinese vegetable stir-fry has been so satisfying.  It's also a reason I've been buying frozen dinner bowls loaded with some vegetable or another.  They're relatively inexpensive and, one can hope, healthy.

I live in one of the most peaceful places on earth, and still I crave peace...mental peace.  I cannot understand the chaos in America these days.  Government of, by, and for the people has come unhinged, and it goes on and on.

I'm going to take walks with Michael and load my lap with kitties while finishing Chinese leftovers today.  There's not much I can do about the outside world, so I'll do what I can in mine.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: