Friday, January 29, 2021

Take A Break

It wasn't planned, it just happened.  Since I don't go anywhere and don't do much of anything, a vacation seems like overkill, but that's what I did yesterday.  I took a mental day off.  Watching the news had become an obsession.  Even I realized it wasn't healthy...all those events were beyond my control and it was making me nutso.  Out there in the real world, they're gonna do what they're gonna do, regardless.  My normal morning routine at the computer ends with a few games of solitaire before going in to turn on the news.  It was raining (again), I had nothing pressing on the agenda, and I just kept playing.  Michael got his walks, but I spent the entire day playing mind-numbing solitaire.  As with any vacation, a change in routine helps clear the mind.  I feel better for it.  It's still grey and gloomy outside, but I'm ready to take up the mantle again.  Grown-uping isn't for wimps.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: