Sunday, January 3, 2021

First Mistake

Yesterday was cold, gloomy, and damp.  Coming in from our first walk, I thought, "This is ridiculous, woman.  Light a fire!"  So I did.  I had things to do, places to go (aarrgh), but Michael had curled up in a tight ball, wrapping his tail over his nose, so I knew I needed to clean out the ashes, bring in an armload of wood, and put Stove to work.  Yeah, well.  That was the end of the day as I knew it.  As so frequently happens, when I get warm I sleep.  (Michael and I are kindred spirits.)  We would wake up when he needed to go outside, come back in and fall asleep again.  At least Michael kept our circulation going.  All that I had planned is still waiting.  I won't light a fire today until we get back from town.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: