Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Snow Big Deal

 

It was me, not the house, that was on a tilt yesterday, but Michael and I weren't going to spend any more time outside than required and this was the shot I got.  This is what we had woken up to...beautiful, but cold!  There's always a problem when we get more than a dusting of snow, and this was about 4".  The satellite dishes for TV and computer fill up and block reception, even if we have power, which we did (yay!).  I felt really bad for Michael as he hiked his leg on a favorite bush and brushed his man parts on a snow-laden branch.  That's why we were under the big live oak; he still had business to take care of and the ground was clear under there and I didn't have to stand in that pretty white stuff.

I always start the day (after computer time) with the local news.  Not yesterday.  I keep a library of DVRd recordings for just such an event.  Sacramento would just have to carry on without me.

My itinerant hairdresser was due in the afternoon, but I called to reschedule.  Her little low-slung car without four-wheel drive would never have made it up my steep driveway.  I badly need a haircut, but nobody sees me and I'm able to avoid all mirrors, so it's no big deal.

Woke up late today and the sun is up and out.  There's been some melt, but there's still a lot of snow out there.  I need to get a fire going.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: