Tuesday, January 5, 2021

They Said

They said we were due for rain yesterday.  They did not say we were going to get one helluva storm, but that's what we got.   A howling wind kicked in well before dawn.  Helper Dude and I connected and agreed to postpone his work until further notice, possibly tomorrow.  With first light came the rain, lots of rain, and the wind didn't stop.  Michael and I cut our walks short throughout the day...he took care of business and we hot-footed it back to the house, dripping wet.  I kept expecting the power to cut out, but we were lucky.  Everything calmed down about sunset (I was guessing about sunset as no sun was seen all day).  I don't know what they said about today.  I'm not sure I trust what they say anyhow.

Michael has lived here about a year and a half now and I think he's decided to stay.  I was used to Bessie Anne being my constant shadow.  When he came, Michael didn't seem to care where I was unless it was time for a walk.  In addition to the more frequent kissies, he has begun following me from room to room.  I think (hope) that means he likes my company.  From such a reserved dog, I'll take what I can get.

I do not hear any wind this morning.  Maybe we'll catch a break.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: