Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Day Late

When one day is just like another, it's easy to lose track of what day it is.  Story of my life.  Sometimes (only sometimes) I miss having the regulation of a job.  A weekend is a real event with a job.  Lunchtime is scheduled when you're working instead of, "Gee, I think I'm hungry," be it 10 a.m. or 2 p.m.  Knowing you have to get up at a certain time dictates bedtime, instead of napping here and there whenever, waking up before the sun.

As you might guess, I have no job and I missed the fact that yesterday was Trash Day...the one day of the week when I have a real task.  I didn't get the trash down to the big road...again.  I must have remembered at some point because I remember telling Michael we'd be going for a ride later, but when you have a Teflon brain that thought just slipped away.  How am I going to keep that dog's trust if I fib to him?

If yesterday was Trash-Day Tuesday, this must be Wednesday.  Whoopie-doo.  I'm only a day late.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: