Sunday, January 24, 2021

In Michael's View


"Michael, we just came in!"  We'd been on the first two walks of the day, and there he was in front of me again.  What's up with that?  Michael, in his own way, can be pretty persistent.  He will come and sit in front of me on my right.  If that doesn't work, he moves over to my left, staring intently into my eyes.  "Michael, we just came in.  You took care of business both times.  What do you want?"  When all else has failed, he starts tapping his foot.  I got the toe-tap message.  Hey, when a guy's gotta go, he has to go, so out we went...again.  I should have known.  Michael's internal clock had told him it was time to sit on the porch, and that's where he headed.  Knowing that there is rain and snow in the forecast, I agreed this was a good idea once I understood.  The photo is a Michael's-eye view.  Sunshine notwithstanding, it wasn't particularly warm and besides, we had to go to town.

Michael likes to go to town.  He rides on the floor behind my seat and has no view, but I wonder if he's memorized the curves, hills, and potholes and knows where we're going.  I'd cut the trip to two stops, so he had to make do with a couple of posts and a minimum of shrubbery, but he gave it his all.  Michael has come to believe that Walmart is his personal fiefdom.  He walks regally among the peasants, expecting and graciously accepting their accolades.  Even the young man who helped me out with my purchases asked only that he be allowed to pet 'the king.'

In Michael's view, it was a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: