Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Feeling Kneady

Ralph, not the most mentally stable cat to begin with, recently reverted to kittenhood and now obsessively "makes muffins" perched on my arm anytime I sit down, kneading, kneading with a faraway look in his eyes.  He's not done this before.  Eventually he will curl up on my lap, squeezed in to whatever space his sleeping sister, Celeste, has left him, and sometimes that's not much.  It's wintertime and I'm never without my puffy jacket, outdoors or in, so his habit isn't really a problem now.  The jacket is my armor against his working claws.  Come warm weather, we're going to have to have a talk.

I can only assume that Celeste came down the chute first, as she takes her responsibilities and rightful place as Big Sister seriously.  As such, she doesn't take much guff from Little Brother and doesn't hesitate to take him down a peg or two as she sees fit.  I recently purchased an appliance with any number of pieces (that I had to put together).  Each part came in its separate box inside the packing box, and each smaller box had holes cut to accommodate the piece.  I set the little boxes aside while trying to decipher the instructions, littering the living room with cardboard.  Celeste doesn't have much of a playful spirit, but you'd have thought I created a playground just for her.  She dashes about the room, poking a paw in here, peeking in there.  Oh joy!  For a change, it's Ralph who looks at her as if she's gone berserk.  As a consequence, my living room is a labyrinth of boxes.  If anyone ever comes in the house again, I'll have to put up a sign saying Watch Your Step.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I think there is nothing more fun that watching animals play! Hooray!