Monday, January 15, 2018

Aftermath

I don't know how much blood weighs, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a diet, but I know I lost five pounds overnight (there's always a bright side).  I was left with a spectacular black eye that would make Floyd Patterson proud and a technicolor purple egg on my forehead.  I can't see the back of my head so only the sore spot tells me where the scalp wound is.  It can't be very big, and it's hard to believe so much blood came from a small cut.  Celeste and I are going to have to have a talk.  A dark grey cat on a dark green rug in a dim room is a recipe for disaster.  She wasn't hurt, but she needs to get out of the way of the clumsy lady of the house.

Yesterday, like it or not, was laundry day.  I'd used so many towels trying to stanch the blood flow and the bedding was also soaked, as well as everything I'd worn.  Load after load went into the washer.  I got a small start on cleaning blood spattered surfaces, but the event had left me shaky and I decided I needed rest.  Wasn't I glad that it was a football Sunday?  The Steelers lost to the Jaguars by three points, sigh.  I finally found the right channel for the Minnesota Vikings-St. Louis Saints game that followed and was on the edge of my seat as the score went back and forth to the very end.   The Vikings won by 29-24.  Woohoo!

It's back to business as usual today.  Enough of this lollygagging around.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wow, CSI or NCIS would have a field day at your house. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, but so glad that technicolor and bumps and tender spots are the only real lasting souvenirs. I don't know how smart Celeste is, but maybe you should take your pre-bed naps with the lights on high, so she is not so camouflaged! Get better! FIVE POUNDS??? Yowza!!