Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cat Games

I never cease to be amazed at the ingenuity of cats and their ability to amuse themselves in new and different ways.  It doesn't take much.  For instance, Ralph enjoys the tear strips from bags and Celeste will play for the longest time with her little piece of blue fluff.  I don't know if it's one or both, but the cats have started using the bathroom throw rugs as skateboards or sleds.  I've not seen them, but from the places I am finding the rugs lately I imagine they get a running start and use the rugs to slide across the room.  Whee!!

Dogs are less imaginative on their own.  They like to play tug-o-war with a buddy and fetch or catch with their human, but left to their own devices, they seem to prefer to lie down and nap.  It takes all kinds, and I can't imagine being without both.

I am easily trained, and Missy is doing her best.  The past couple of mornings she has been waiting by her bowl.  The routine goes like this:  I get Inga, who hasn't needed a rope, out and up onto the feed stand, then go back and put down breakfast for Missy.  "Right here, lady, put the food right here."  Yesterday Inga evidently had caught a whiff of cat and spooked.  She couldn't make up her mind if it was safe to go in the little room.  I don't mind waiting her out (it doesn't take much to scare Inga), but Missy evidently got irritated by the delay and came out to see what was what.  That sent Inga into a tizzy and she ran off and never did get her cereal.  I guess from now on Missy will get fed first so Inga doesn't see her.  Why do I think that was Missy's plan in the first place?

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

LOL... your cats are GREAT blog fodder. Hey, Missy's no dummy...free shelter, bed, and food...and goofy roommates!