Thursday, February 1, 2018

We'll See

Kathy V., another goat lady, and I are early risers, early being classified as around 4:30 a.m. (when the sane world is still asleep), and we are both on the computer while having our coffee.  Kathy V. is a self-admitted eclipse addict, and yesterday asked if I had seen the Super-Blue-Blood moon.  She had gotten up at 3:30 so as not to miss it.  I had not, but of course went out to search the still-dark sky.  That red moon sinking in the west was pretty creepy.

Making the switch to feeding Missy first seemed to work.  Either that, or Inga was hungry from missing breakfast the day before and decided to ignore the cat.  With all the green grass and supplemental alfalfa, the girls wouldn't starve if they missed a meal.  I am hoping that the critters will reach detente in time.  We'll see.

The soil in this area is mainly DCG (decomposed granite), like sand on top and cement below.  I inspected the mounds dug up by It, but couldn't find any telltale footprints.  I have a sneaking suspicion that It wears a black-and-white striped coat.  It's the time of year for skunks to mate and make burrows to have babies.  That, I do not need.  As unappealing as it is, I emptied the cats' litter box into the holes by the shed, filled them in with the loose dirt, and tamped it all down firmly.  I hope It takes the hint and moves on.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Crossing my fingers that IT will relocate!!