Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Cold Feet

I don't know if Ralph is becoming more affectionate, needy, or just has cold feet.  I do know that every morning lately, including today, Ralph sits on my lap while I try to work around him at the computer.  I wear a thick fleece robe and it seems to feel good to his toes.  On chilly days when I'm in my chair, I use that oh-so-soft afghan Deb made.  Celeste used to claim the prime lap spot, leaving Ralph to fit in wherever he could.  Now Ralph pushes her off, period.  Last night he crawled into the cat cave three times.  Down in the low 30s, I wasn't going to complain about that warm, soft,  snuggley companion under the covers.  There's just one small problem:  Ralph's purr mechanism is faulty.  He doesn't purr, he snorks.  No, that's not a typo, that's the sound he makes.  Oh well.  Come summer, I expect this all will change so I'm just enjoying it right now.

Lest anyone think Celeste is lacking attention, let me say that I go nowhere in the house without Celeste being right there.  (She's the cat I tripped over.)  We go down the hall together, into the kitchen together, and especially into the bathroom together.  Animals learn from the git-go that bathrooms are the best place ever to get petted when their Person sits down, and Celeste never misses that opportunity.

I'm glad I put that cat bed down in the barn for Li'l Miss on these cold days and nights.  She doesn't miss a meal now, breakfast or dinner, and is hovering over her bowl when I come in.  Feeding Missy first seems to be working out.  Either that, or the girls are becoming accustomed to her presence.  At any rate, they aren't so panicked anymore.

Sunny or not, Stove is keeping busy these days.  I don't want cold feet, either.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'm glad the barn gang seems to be settling and accepting! Good for all!