Sunday, February 4, 2018

Heating Up

What's up with this weather?  Here it is February and it's as close to 70 without hitting the mark as it can get.  No jacket necessary, and I was sweating in the sunshine on the deck as I dismantled the stuffed-up vacuum cleaner yesterday.  I have the feeling that some appliances have built-in obsolescence these days.  I mean, come on, I inherited my mother's well-used Electrolux canister vacuum and it  was still going strong when I decided I wanted a bagless upright.  Silly me.

Camille is coming over today to watch the Super Bowl.  We have bets on opposing teams, but I don't think we'll come to blows.  She had to go into town anyhow, so I assigned her to get hot dogs and buns and save me a trip to the store.  She stopped by in the afternoon and we roasted sitting out on the front porch.  Goofy weather.  Question of the day:  why is it that bun bakers and hot dog people can't get together and match up the two so there aren't either buns or wieners left without partners?  Oh well.  I'll spend some time prepping condiments today for the hot dogs, perfect game day fare.

May the better team (Patriots) win.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Maybe...just MAYBE the buns and hotdog makers HAVE teamed up and they always want you to come out uneven so that you will keep replacing one and then the other, and not forget about having hot dogs once your 8 and 8 or 10 and 10 batch is finished. (The organic grass fed ones don't match up with anything...but that's ok since some of us (I) should not be wrapping them in soft goodness anyway.