Sunday, February 18, 2018

Off Kilter

Ralph's timing is definitely off kilter.  Just about the time I look at the clock beside my chair and think I've got to get up and get moving on some project or other, Ralph appears on my lap as if by magic.  "Ralph, honey, I've got to get up now."  "No, you don't," and he settles in.  Far be it from me to throw this sweet boy to the floor.  Oh well, few of my chores are that urgent anyway.

My own sense of timing isn't that great, either.  Almost every night between 9 and 10 I make the sensible decision to get up and go to bed.  That's just before I fall asleep in the chair.  Either stiff and/or cold, I wake up about midnight and then go to my room.  That's not too bad, but waking up about 4:30 in the morning (as I did today) is off kilter and sets me up for a daytime nap.  I hope I won't owe Clay an apology today while we're watching NASCAR.  Zzzz.

No comments: