Monday, February 12, 2018

Good Evening

As so often happens after a spate of company, I took a day off yesterday.  Yes, there was a twinge of guilt when I passed the now-open door to The Hole, not strong enough to make me go in and work some more, however.  I hadn't watched any of the Olympics, but got hooked while flipping channels, and there went the day.  Oh well.

This was the evening sky on the way down to put the girls (including Missy) to bed.  I make no apologies for my fascination with the sky.  Sometimes it's just too beautiful not to share.

About the time you think it couldn't get any better, it does.  In the short time it took to tuck the girls in, sundown had burst into flame.  Bess Anne, with her unruly hairdo, also turned to look on the way back to the house.

Sunset wasn't the only thing that improved in my life.  Having the Kids here this weekend was a gift, and then Clay sent a text that he was coming up to watch the Daytona 500 (the opening of NASCAR season) with me next Sunday, and then Dave called in the evening and invited me to meet him and his biker buddies at Bones on the 19th.  My cup overfloweth.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

It's so nice when the cup overfloweth with goodness and fun!