Sunday, February 11, 2018

Bonanza!

Waldo had been missing for several days.  Not in the wastebasket, not in the bathroom towel cubby, not anywhere to be seen, so the next thing to do was a sweep under the entry hall chest.  Ta da!  I hit the mother lode of tiny toys, including Waldo.  I don't like to think that Ralph intentionally hid Celeste's favorite pink piglet, however....  He certainly was intent on picking his next victim from the trove I'd recovered.

I had a bonanza day of Kids.  Not only did Deb and Craig come up (bringing KFC!, my absolute favorite fast food, for lunch), Pete also came by.  Pete knows how I hate to go shopping, and he brings fresh fruit and vegetables when he visits; such a treat.  Fried chicken for lunch, melon and berries for dinner, and a day with my Kids; I was in seventh heaven.

The impetus for going into The Black Hole was a search for beading materials.  There was a time when I bedecked just about anything that didn't move and made tons of jewelry of all sorts.  As is my wont, if a little of something is good, a lot of something is better.  I had enough beads and findings, pattern books and magazines to open a shop of my own, all stored in The Hole.  Deb had found a beaded icicle ornament pattern that piqued her interest in the craft and, since I no longer participate, I had offered her all my supplies.

Pete and Craig are both "gamers" (video games), so had plenty to talk about while Deb and I rooted out the materials.  There are probably more still buried, but she ended up with a truckload of boxes, bins, and bags to start with.  It's such a pleasure to turn over those reins to the next generation.  I have become the beader emeritus and will be available for consultation.

Since the Kids didn't have to rush off, we had time to sit and talk all afternoon, such a pleasure.  The fellas had done me the kindness of flipping my mattress, something I couldn't do on my own.  Then, just before leaving, Craig noticed a branch was rubbing on the power lines to the house.  Nothing would do but get the pole saw and cut it off right then and there.  Speaking the truth is not bragging, so I say honestly that I've got some darned good Kids.

In every way, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Just realized that my own merry-go-round had neglected to stop long enough for me to catch up on the blog...for shame! Sounds like a grand day indeed.