Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Excellent

I can't call it a heat wave, but it's up to 25 this morning.  What we need in California is rain; what we're getting is the Arctic Express.  Ah well, at least the days are sunny.

Tessie met me at the gate yesterday and did her best to apologize, making little whickering noises all the way to the barn.  She swore she would never do that again.  Bet me.  I'm sure she meant it when she said it, but goats seem to suffer short-term memory loss and I know darned well we will have this discussion again sometime.

I had the best day with Tinka.  For the second time in a week, I was chauffeured down to Martell.  I could get used to this as I can look at the scenery instead of the road.  We went to an Italian restaurant for a very good lunch.  Our waiter (I guess they're called servers now) put on an extra mile or two because of us; we kept talking instead of reading the menu and he had to keep coming back.  Thankfully, he was patient.  It doesn't take much to get us laughing, but the one thing that got us giggling the most was when I was telling Tinka about my fondness for old cemeteries, and that my niece had taught me about grave robbing.  Oops!  I had meant to say grave rubbing, a way to get an impression of a headstone without damage.  Honestly, I've never robbed a grave in my life.  We got a good laugh out of it.  The day just flew by, and we made plans to get together again next month when Kit comes up.  Goody!

Bedtime for the girls was a breeze last night.  Tessie might not hold the thought for long, but she sure wasn't going to get left out in the cold again so soon.

As so many of late, it was an excellent day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'm way, way, way behind in my blog reading. How in the heck did that happen?? Yes, looking forward to another visit and big hugs.