Saturday, February 17, 2018

Red Letter Day

It wasn't February 14th, but my friend Harold made yesterday a Valentine celebration anyway.  He had invited me to lunch.  Sometimes we meet at the Fair Play Pub, but he wanted to go to a "real" restaurant so I drove down to meet him in Plymouth.  The drive from here and then down to Martell was beautiful through vineyards, rolling green hills with grazing cattle, and scattered fields of wild yellow mustard.  Being a traditionalist, Harold gifted me a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a tiny pot with a miniature red rose in bloom.  All that and a very good lunch/dinner, plus fun company made it a great Valentine's day.

Camille and I had rolls of barbed wire that we were never going to use and wanted to get rid of.  She made her fingers do the walking and found a buyer.  The guy came yesterday and not only bought everything we had, he paid a bonus!

Missy now wants to be petted before she eats, and seems to crave affection.  I was able to pick her up and determine that she is, indeed, a miss and not a mister.  I think she is very young.  I hope it doesn't ruin our budding relationship when I take her soon to be spayed.  One barn cat is one thing, a herd of barn kitties is quite another.

I have today to catch up on chores before my social whirl begins.  I'm booked solid for the next three days with people I love.  Yesterday wasn't the only red letter day on my calendar.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

You social butterfly, you! Fun! And I don't know the ins and outs, but I know that Tinka knows about taking "feral" cats to be spayed for a reduced rate. I would think that Missy would qualify!!