Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Full Monty

When the Kids were little and then into their teens, we (me included) would line up four on the couch and one on the floor to get either a neck and shoulder rub or a hair brushing (right up there with massage).  The rule was that you got the treatment for as long as you gave, the incentive to take your time.  Then the recipient would move to the end of the couch and the next one would take his/her place.  As a result, all my Kids give a great back rub.

For two years, the Kids have given me very generous gift certificates for massages, which, to me, are the very height of luxury.  Since masseuses (now the term is massage therapist) vary in capability, I made the first appointment for just a half hour (back and shoulders only) as a trial run.  This gal in P'ville is great.  The problem has been that (1) I don't like to go to town and (2) when I do go to town I try to do as many errands as possible on one run, and I sure don't want to do errands after a massage.  I've been doling out the first certificate in half-hour segments every now and then.  When I realized I hadn't even used up the one from two years ago, I called and made an appointment for yesterday for a whole hour and went for the full Monty:  back and shoulders, arms, legs, hands, and feet.  When Brandie was finished, I was a pool of pudding, every muscle relaxed.  If someone had yelled "Fire!" I'd have been toast.  I still had to drive home in that condition and wished for teleportation.  "Beam me up, Scotty."

Tessie did, indeed, come up for another head rub last evening.  Maybe that need to be touched is contagious.

Needless to say, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Ahhhhhh....a good massage!!! My kids gave me a subscription to Massage Envy in exchange for babysitting and I enjoyed it, but then I told them I would take over the subscription, and when they raised the price beyond what I thought was reasonable, I quit. And then my therapist (whom I now know was only average) left. Then I asked for the kids to transfer an hour to me (They had unused time) for my birthday. I took pot luck and hit THE JACKPOT! The gal was SO good that I re-upped and now treat myself to an hour at a time about once a month. The ONLY thing that I don't like is that I am expected to dress and be out of that room in a matter of a couple of minutes, and never get to lie there and enjoy the experience for just a while longer. I'm SO glad you went for The Full Monty - you deserve it!