Sunday, February 25, 2018

Warm Up

I'm not sure we ever got out of the 30s yesterday with a brisk wind so it was as cold as ever.  Stove had been struggling for days, but try as he might, the house never got warm enough for me to take off my outdoor jacket indoors.  Well, enough of that!  I was done being frugal with the firewood and just plain tired of being cold.  Feeling like a kid blowing her allowance, I brought more wood to the porch and stuffed Stove full and kept him stuffed all day.  Finally there was that wonderful moment when you could feel the chill had gone and you were actually, truly warm.  Ahhh!  Linda is coming tonight for an early birthday dinner and I will do a repeat so she doesn't have to wear a parka at the table.  It isn't kind to have to say, "Welcome to my igloo."

 Missy doesn't miss a meal anymore, and wants to be petted before she begins to eat.  She is still so very little.  She is a dark tortoiseshell, mainly black with small patches of orange and white, a pretty girl.  The big girls seem to have become accustomed to her presence in the barn; at least they no longer snort or stampede.  They do keep a watchful eye on her when she's outside, though.  Goats seem to think that cats can transform into lions at any time.

Another storm is blowing down again from the north this week.  The dark clouds at sundown were a good indicator of what is to come.

Warm at last, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh Thank Goodness...WARM AT LAST! I totally sympathize from my warm spot on my recliner couch.