Saturday, February 10, 2018

Ladies' Day

Truly, The Black Hole is like an archeological site.  It's more like a black hole in space than the Black Hole of Calcutta because stuff gets sucked in there and lost.  Yesterday I found a handful of photos from years ago, back when the goats were kids and Sheila and Tessie weren't even born, back when rolls of film had to be developed!  Of course I stopped to go through those until the Boss reminded me of why I was in there in the first place.  "Yes, ma'am."  I found manuals for DOS, a now defunct computer operating system.  They'll go to the landfill the next time I go to the dump.  (I know there's a more refined term for the dump, but I'm old school.)  I'm nowhere near done, but have pretty much uncovered what I went in there for in the first place.  There had to be a reason, you know, because I was just as happy passing that closed door as I had for years.  Not today because Deb and Craig are coming up(!!), but soon I'll go back in if for no other reason than to find more buried treasure.

Camille has been working like a dog (not my dog, but some hard-working dog) for weeks at her other property and decided to knock off early yesterday and come by in the afternoon.  Not only was I glad to see her and Honey, but she brought smoked salmon and crackers to share!  Arden had made prior arrangements t visit, and she brought pistachio hummus and beet crackers (who knew?).  It was a veritable feast of treats and we munched, crunched, and talked while sitting on the front porch on a lovely warm day.  It was an unplanned Ladies' Day, sometimes the best kind.  Honey and Bess went on walks together, reminding us of a canine Mutt and Jeff, and then came back to snooze at our feet.  What a great way to end the day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I'm SO glad you had a ladies' day - sounds wonderful!